Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Portion of Patience













I waited patiently and expectantly for the Lord; And He inclined to me and heard my cry. 
-Psalm 40 AMP

I am a multi-tasker. I tend to work on a few things at once. I get them done. I am also a procrastinator. Not all the time, but I can procrastinate at times.  When it comes to transition from season to season in your Christian walk, it can get a bit difficult to wait on the Lord during that transition. And, it can also become tiresome to be focused on getting to that next season and at times you may feel like you don't want to pray or labor for the birthing of your new season. Yes, it's happened to me. A while back I remember the Lord giving me a Word for our season, He said he was basically bringing us into a new season where we'd see the fulfillment of His promises, but that it was only the beginning. That we weren't entering into that season of fulfillment yet, but we were entering into the beginning of that season. Maybe it was a pre-season?  Whatever that stage was, I knew it wasn't the fulfillment stage, but the beginning of the positioning to get to that stage. So, I of course waited. Waited patiently. But, since I am a multi-tasker, as I wait on the Lord, I usually do other things.  I'm not saying there's anything wrong with doing other things while waiting on God for that transition, but if we lose focus on what we're waiting on while we transition, it can take us longer to get there.  If we complain while we're waiting and multi-tasking, it can take us longer. And, of course, don't forget that our enemy is going to attack us every which way while we're waiting and multi-tasking because he certainly doesn't want us to arrive.  

So there I was waiting and multi-tasking.  And God worked with us as we crossed through our pre-season of transitioning.  Today, as I was praying, I was asking God for some clear direction, clear revelation and to download the strategy of what it is He wants me doing. I have a general idea and it requires great focus and resources that I don't fully have yet, so again, the waiting for me makes me feel a bit useless. But as I prayed this morning, I heard and understood God wants me to WAIT during this new time of transition to our new season.  Wait and be patient.  He doesn't want me to multi-task. He doesn't want me to focus on anything that is not in the general area of what He wants me to do for this new season. And that can be a bit hard to hear and accept. He clearly wants me to live this next pre-season day by day. He wants me to think less of the near future or the next couple of months and he wants me to concentrate on each day as I pray and spend time letting Him do what He needs to do in me so that He can do what He needs to do through me. I get it now. 
Maybe that's what He was trying to tell me when He gave me that Word about entering our pre-season transition a while back. Maybe I wasn't ready to understand what I am understanding now about where I need to be and what He needs to do in me so that I can enter into that new season of fulfillment.  Whatever it is, I know that I need to be PATIENT.  

So, today, as I think about this revelation that I need to just wait on Him and do what He wants me to do as I wait for further instruction, I find a certain peace I did not have when I first went to Him in prayer this morning.  I asked Him for Peace. I felt like I was running around in circles not knowing exactly what He wanted me to be focused on. And for someone who multi-tasks, that was just weird to realize. It didn't take Him long to respond or reveal to me what He wants me doing during this period in time. No, He didn't reveal the big picture to me, and I'm kind of glad He didn't because I think this time of putting on the breaks in my life and letting Him rebuild and redo what He needs to do in me is enough of what I need at this time. I know the rest will follow and I know it's going to be sooner than I imagine.  

As I let go of a season and enter into a new transition, I can only be reminded of this passage, and I look forward to taking things slower as I see Him do a glorious Work in my life!


There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:
    a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,
    a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,
    a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,
    a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
    a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away,
    a time to tear and a time to mend,
    a time to be silent and a time to speak,
    a time to love and a time to hate,
    a time for war and a time for peace......  -Ecclesiastes 3 NIV


If you find yourself at a time of transition, yes, it can be frustrating, but when you let go and just let Him do, you can wait patiently for the Lord and let Him work in you and for you. He will bring Peace to your mind and He will reveal His plans for you.  Just continue to trust in Him.
I hope this portion gives you some encourage and I declare this over your life:

For I know the plans and thoughts that I have for you,’ says the Lord, ‘plans for peace and well-being and not for disaster to give you a future and a hope. -Jeremiah 29:11


It is my prayer that this reflection be a part of your daily portion.

Love & Blessings,
Michelle


 Follow A Daily Portion on Pinterest!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment