Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

A Daily Portion


Today, in the United States, we celebrate Thanksgiving. It is lovely to see how we all come together in one accord to give thanks to God for all we have, for our family, our friends, our food, our blessings. But, it is even lovelier when we decide to make our lifestyle into one of thanksgiving and gratefulness each and every day. As children of God, gratitude and thankfulness must be a constant characteristic in our lives. God's Word says: At all times and for everything giving thanks in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God the Father.  -Ephesians 5:20
When we live a lifestyle that has a constant grateful heart, a life of thanksgiving, even in the midst of the most challenging situations we can give thanks to our Father for His blessings, protection, provision... etc... etc..

On this day and always, may we have a heart full of praise and thanksgiving towards our Father. Especially today, I give thanks to God for your life, dear friend, you who joins me and my heart as you read these daily portions. Today I give thanks to God for you, because you are a great blessing and I declare over abundance in all that is yours! This is my heart's desire for you today and always:
Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in every way and [that your body] may keep well, even as [I know] your soul keeps well and prospers.  -3 John 1:2

 Thank [God] in everything [no matter what the circumstances may be, be thankful and give thanks], for this is the will of God for you [who are] in Christ Jesus [the Revealer and Mediator of that will].
1 Thessalonians 5:18

Let us therefore, receiving a kingdom that is firm and stable and cannot be shaken, offer to God pleasing service and acceptable worship, with modesty and pious care and godly fear and awe...
-Hebrews 12:28

The Lord is my Strength and my [impenetrable] Shield; my heart trusts in, relies on, and confidently leans on Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song will I praise Him.  -Psalm 28:7

Oh, that men would praise [and confess to] the Lord for His goodness and loving-kindness and His wonderful works to the children of men! For He satisfies the longing soul and fills the hungry soul with good.  -Psalm 107:8-9


But thanks be to God, Who gives us the victory [making us conquerors] through our Lord Jesus Christ.  -1 Corinthians 15:57


It is my prayer that this reflection be a part of your daily portion.

Love & Blessings,
Michelle


Connect with A Daily Portion's Official Facebook Page!

Check out Rhema 7:38 new CD, titled Postrados Ante Ti and get your copy today!
Follow Rhema 7:38 on Facebook! 

 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment