Friday, August 3, 2012

Finding Rest in Him

A Daily Portion



I felt led today to share some Scriptures that talk about His Rest. No matter what may be going on around us, we need to let our spirits rest in Him, the One who has it all under control. Speak to whatever is troubling you today; tell it to leave, tell it to go, because He is your Rock, your Shelter and your Peace! I declare peace over your heart, soul, mind and spirit and may your home be filled with His Presence and may you find rest in Him!

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.] Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls. For My yoke is wholesome (useful, good—not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant), and My burden is light and easy to be borne. - Matthew 11:28-30

For I will [fully] satisfy the weary soul, and I will replenish every languishing and sorrowful person. 
-Jeremiah 31:25

For God alone my soul waits in silence; from Him comes my salvation.  He only is my Rock and my Salvation, my Defense and my Fortress, I shall not be greatly moved.  -Psalm 62:1-2

Return to your rest, O my soul, for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you.  -Psalm 116:7

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty [Whose power no foe can withstand].  -Psalm 91:1

My people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, in safe dwellings, and in quiet resting-places.  -Isaiah 32:18

The Lord is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack. He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters. He refreshes and restores my life (my self); He leads me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with Him—not for my earning it, but] for His name’s sake.  -Psalm 23:1-3

Inviting you all to check out this video:
Rest by Big Daddy Weave

It is my prayer that this reflection be a part of your daily portion.

Love & Blessings,
Michelle


Connect with A Daily Portion's Official Facebook Page!

Check out Rhema 7:38 new CD, titled Postrados Ante Ti and get your copy today!
Follow Rhema 7:38 on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment