Sunday, September 1, 2013

Portion of Mercy














Originally written and published in Spanish on September 27, 2012

I want to share with you all about a topic that is very important. God's Mercy. We are all familiar with the Scripture: Lamentations 3:21-23:  "But this I recall and therefore have I hope and expectation: It is because of the Lord’s mercy and loving-kindness that we are not consumed, because His [tender] compassions fail not.They are new every morning; great and abundant is Your stability and faithfulness.   
We know that God's mercies are new, but, do we really understand what that means? The simple fact that God gives us new mercies each morning should be enough for us to take on each day with joy, determination and perseverance, knowing we will achieve what we have set out to do in our hearts. Why? Because His Mercies are new each morning!!  Because whatever happened yesterday is in the past and it should not affect me. Today is a new day, a new morning and I should be completely sure that today my Father is with me, His favor and blessing and mercies are with me!!


"Surely or only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, and through the length of my days the house of the Lord [and His presence] shall be my dwelling place.." - Psalms 23:6  
This promise should be engrained in our hearts each morning when we wake up, and each night before we sleep!! His mercies are new each morning and they follow me. I don't look for them, they follow me! That's how good and generous and loving our Father is. His mercies, His favor, His goodness is for me and He gives then to me EACH DAY. I don't have to work or fight for them, I don't have to wonder if I behaved good or bad, ha, His mercies are mine, and they are new each morning and He sends them to me! Now that deserves a shout of Praise! Hallelujah!!!

Have you ever wondered why there are days when we wake up upset or angry or cranky? Why is it that sometimes after sleeping the entire night, I wake up sad, depressed, worries or cranky? I heard a pastor once say that this happens because the enemy knows that God's mercies are new each morning and because he knows, he wants you to wake up upset, depressed, angry so that you won't come before God's presence to receive those mercies and blessings, that favor, all that goodness that He has for you. It was like a light bulb went on when I heard that!  Yes, it's true! The devil's intention is to destroy you, make you lose focus, trick you, and he knows that when we wake up, the first thing we should do is come before the Lord, give Him honor and glory and acknowledge His mercies and favor... and He is there, waiting for us to come and receive with open arms what He has for us. So, the devil begins to bring thoughts into our minds early in the morning to distract us from those mercies that are new for us each morning. We cannot allow the enemy to come and steal our mercies and blessings. Our Father is faithful and loving, He awaits for us with open arms, with blessings, favor, goodness and mercies each new morning. We should wake up to give Him glory and thank Him for a new day. We need to get used to when we open our eyes, we need not think of anything else, don't think of the time, the things we need to do, just think of your Father, hugging you and giving you His mercy and favor, his blessing and goodness to start your day with joy and do everything you do in joy. Just hear Him say, "Good morning my son, daughter, here is my gift to you, it's new mercies that are yours each day, favor and blessings and goodness for you to rejoice in all you do..." I know that if we get used to saying Good Morning to our Father, and if we come in gratitude and gratefulness into His presence and receive what He has for us, our days will be better, we will conquer, we will fight and overcome and win!  What else do we need? He said we are more than conquerors through Jesus, if we have Him on our side, who cares who is against us!?!?

I declare that each morning as you wake, you get up with new strength and with your spirit full of thankfulness to receive His Mercies, which are new! I declare that as you begin your day with thanksgiving, giving your Father a smile, talking to Him before going about your day and receiving all He has for you, you will see His glory and His presence in your life and in your daily walk! Don't let anyone or anything steal your mercies! They are yours, He has given them to you each morning!  Take them and go conquer!!


It is my prayer that this reflection be a part of your daily portion.

Love & Blessings,
Michelle


Connect with A Daily Portion's Official Facebook Page!

Check out Rhema 7:38 new CD, titled Postrados Ante Ti and get your copy today!
Follow Rhema 7:38 on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment